12.04.2012

Deoxit is the bomb

I think this may be my current favorite product ever in the history of the universe.  I came across it while researching how to fix pots on old stereo receiver.

I picked up a Deoxit and Deoxit Gold two-pack at Radio Shack to help with my stereo.  There was a screetchiness when playing with the volume and balance. Sure enough, this fixed it.

On the box it said it worked for a variety of electronic components.  This got me thinking.

A few months ago I decided to get my Concept 2 Ergometer out of mothballs and start using it. The only problem was that the PM2 monitor died.  Not in the replace the batteries sense, either. It looks like it not being take care of for 3 years took its toll. The batteries had leaked and there was corrosion in the battery compartment. Even with new batteries the display flickered.

I searched the web and found this was a common problem.  Long story short, replacements would be either $160 or $310 - and I would really rather get the more expensive monitor since it has a heart monitor which I had upgraded to with my current monitor.

So as I'm in "let's get all of this stuff in service mode" I start putting 2 and 2 together and realize the Deoxit may clean off that corrosion.  Gave it a cleaning and then a lubing and slapped some batteries in there and...I have a rowing machine again.

This stuff is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment