1.07.2013

Before there was Sheldon Cooper...

There was David Byrne. The difference being, of course, is that while the actor playing Sheldon Cooper - Jim Parsons - may have some street cred because of the character he plays; David Byrne played basically himself observing a 'typical' Texas town on the eve of its sesquicentennial in his movie True Stories.

It's weird how different things come together sometimes. Recently somebody said that I reminded them of John Goodman. When I started to punch him, he mentioned "no, like an early John Goodman, you know - Revenge of the Nerds - that shit."  I told him that was better than when somebody remarked I looked like Nice Guy Eddie (played by the late Chris Penn) in Reservoir Dogs.

But it got me thinking back about early John Goodman movies and I suddenly remember that this was one of them.

Basically it weaves a lot of weird together with some stunning visuals, quirky characters and one or two awesome songs.

This song actually surprised me in how drawn I was to it. It gives you a decent flavor of the movie, although it lacks the character development that is key to the storyline.



Non-monetized linkiness:
True Stories (in iTunes)
True Stories (on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment