9.21.2012

The migraine

Ugh, what a rough night.  As I was going to bed, I felt the beginning of a migraine coming on.  For a moment, I thought about getting up and taking some meds.

Unfortunately, I had already started Sleep Time and I figured it was mostly just from being tired.  I decided to push through.

I actually had a great night of sleep according to the app (97% efficient I believe) however as soon as I woke up - the pounding came back fierce and strong.

At this point, I figured it might be caffeine related.  I didn't have that much on my trip although caffeine headaches don't usually come on that strong.  One cup of coffee in and...still feeling the pain.  Took some meds and let those kick in.

It took forever for the pain to subside.  But it finally went away.

And now I feel exhausted.  Which is not good as I have a lot to do today including getting the girls tonight.  All I really want to do is go lay down and - you know - feel refreshed.  Not like I went on a week-long bender.  Which is really funny because I haven't had a drink in a week.

Alright, let's light this candle.

5 comments:

  1. If there's one thing I've learned (and still ignore often enough to relearn the lesson most painfully)...ALWAYS treat a migraine before you go to bed or it will be a billion times worse and you'll wake up in the middle of the night feeling like you're going to vomit up everything you've ever eaten and wishing that the cat would just use his fierce hunting prowess to put you out of your misery.

    Or so I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Every time I hear people describe migraines it makes me glad I don't get those.

    My health problems may get me sooner or later, but at least if I eat the wrong things I just feel uncomfortable for an hour or two instead of wanting to cut my own head off to make the pain go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great reminder. I actually feel a migraine coming on right now. It won't be that bad before I go to bed, but I don't want a night/morning like Jay had. To the drugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't look like you slept okay based on your tweets.

      Delete
    2. That's because I treat migraines with 130 mg of caffeine. I got four hours of sleep, but my head feels great!

      Delete